Sports nutrition is the study and practice of nutrition and diet with regards to improving anyone’s athletic performance. Nutrition is an important part of many sports training regimens, being popular in strength sports (such as weightlifting and bodybuilding) and endurance sports (e.g. cycling, running, swimming, rowing).
Sports nutrition focuses its studies on the type, as well as the quantity of fluids and food taken by an athlete. In addition, it deals with the consumption of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, supplements and organic substances that include carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
• Allows you to train harder longer
• Delays onset of fatigue
• Improves body composition and strength
• Enhances concentration
• Prepares the body for the next day’s workout
• Helps maintain healthy immune function
• Reduces the potential for injury
• Reduces the risk of heat cramps and GI distress