A psychometric test is any activity or assessment that is conducted to evaluate a candidate's performance and includes, but is not limited to, skills, knowledge, abilities, personality traits, attitudes, and job/academic potential.
There are many psychometric test styles and formats with 3 main areas we will elaborate on. They are aptitude tests, behavioral tests, and assessment centers.
Benefits of Psychometric Testing
Psychometric testing provides a powerful way of ensuring the best candidates are selected by assessing their ability and preferred behavioral styles. Just some of the key benefits of psychometric testing are detailed below.
• Improves the efficiency of the recruitment process by identifying the most suitable candidates early on in the recruitment process thereby reducing the time and money spent on unsuitable candidates.
• Results in more informed recruitment decisions being made by providing additional objective information about a candidate.
• Proven to work better than interview alone meaning less emphasis is placed on the skill of the interviewer (who may not be a recruitment specialist).
• Oriel Training use assessment tools that are tried and tested in more than 5500 leading organizations in over 40 countries
• The assessment tools used by us are designed purely for the world of work targeted directly at business needs
• Enables an individual's potential to be gauged rather than just skills that have been acquired retrospectively
• Testing is available for all levels of staff from Directors and senior management to semi-skilled workers
• All the reports we supply provide practical, jargon-free information so that at-a-glance someone's strengths and development needs can be identified