Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it’s called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health.
Aromatherapy is thought of as both an art and a science. Recently, aromatherapy has gained more recognition in the fields of science and medicine.
How does aromatherapy treatment work?
Aromatherapy works through the sense of smell and skin absorption using products such as these:
• aromatic spritzers
• bathing salts
• body oils, creams, or lotions for massage or topical application
• facial steamers
• hot and cold compresses
• clay masks
You can use these alone or in any combination.
There are nearly one hundred types of essential oils available. Generally, people use the most popular oils.
Aromatherapy has an array of benefits. It’s said to:
• manage pain
• improve sleep quality
• reduce stress, agitation, and anxiety
• soothe sore joints
• treat headaches and migraines
• alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy
• ease discomforts of labor
• fight bacteria, virus, or fungus
• improve digestion
• improve hospice and palliative care
• boost immunity
Aromatherapy has the potential to treat many conditions, including:
• depression trusted Source
• peripheral neuropathy
• menstrual issues
• erectile dysfunction